- The expansion of industrial cooperation to maximize the effects of the formation of value chains and acceleration of structural reforms in the economy
August 2016 - December 2016
In Uzbekistan, the target to stimulate industrial cooperation is carried out mainly in the framework of regularly received localization programs. The mechanism involves the implementation of import substitution and strengthening of the country's industrial potential through the development of local raw materials and expansion of cooperation between enterprises in the realization of localization projects.
- The project "Silk Road Economic Belt" in the context of long-term economic interests of Uzbekistan
May 2016 - December 2016
The project "Silk Road Economic Belt of the" - one of China's initiatives, political and economic goals of which are concentrated on the creation of seven "zones": transport, energy, investment, information, scientific and technical, agricultural and tourism. For Uzbekistan this project is interesting from the point of view of maximizing the benefits from the sale of long-term development objectives: promoting sustainable economic growth and employment.
- Mechanisms of public investment management (on the basis of international experience)
August 2015 - February 2016
Due to active presence of the state in investment, the dynamics of indicators of return (on capital, return on 1 sum investments, the overall performance of resource use) shows the decline in the efficiency of investment use. The access to a number of infrastructural benefits, which are traditionally the main objects of public investments, is also reducing.
- Implementation of long-term development plans: mechanisms and incentives to coordinate the activities of the government, private sector and society
July 2015 - February 2016
The new stage of socio-economic reforms/development poses new challenges for the state related to the mobilization of the potential of the society. First of all, this is a more intensive participation of private enterpreneurship in the investment process and, thus, in the deepening of structural reforms in the economy. The administrative methods will not work here. That' s why market incentives and mechanisms are necessary.
- Intelligent transport systems (ITS): the most important way to improve efficiency of transport sector in Uzbekistan
June 2015 - March 2016
Currently, Uzbekistan has several long-term trends which will shape the prospects and dynamics of transport sector development. As the international experience shows, active introduction of elements of intelligent transport systems (ITS) is the main direction of reducing the costs of car ownership for the country and the economy.
- Main directions of modernization and diversification of production in chemical industry
June 2015 - December 2015
The key problem is that the current model of development of chemical industry of Uzbekistan does not allow to implement large-scale transformations in order the indestry could respond adequately to the changing requirements of domestic and foreign markets and could be involved as one of the most effective drivers of processes of industrialization and structural reforms.
- Housing policy in Uzbekistan: economic, social and urban planning aspects
May 2015 - November 2015
The aim of the research is to analyse the situation and to develop the recommendations for improving housing policy in the cities as a part of the implementation of urbanization policy in Uzbekistan in the medium and long term.
- Improving position of Uzbekistan in "Doing Business" in terms of "International Trade" indicator
April 2015 - August 2015
The activities of the government in improving the business environment have contributed to raising the rating of Uzbekistan in the annual report of the World Bank "Doing Business" from 166 position in 2012 to 141 position in 2015 (the report was published in October 2014).
- Energy efficiency of buildings in Uzbekistan: energy saving capacity, direction of reforms and expected effects
April 2015 - August 2015
Due to acutely continental climate (high temperatures in summer, requiring air-conditioning, and low in winter, requiring heating), almost half of all energy consumption in Uzbekistan (24.1 million tons of oil equivalent per year) is accounted for the buildings. A key issue in the energy sector is a high risk of rising gap between the demand for energy resources for residential, commercial and public buildings and the possibility of offering these resources in relevant conditions of consumption.
- Sustainable development: national assets and adjusted net savings
April 2015 - November 2015
Transition to sustainable development has become an important goal for mankind and individual countries, officially consolidated in the basic documents of the United Nations (MDGs and SDGs).