Round table dedicated to “Improvement of production and export potential of fruit and vegetable sector of the Republic of Uzbekistan”
20.01.2017On January 20th, 2017 CER in cooperation with UNDP held an expert round table where participants discussed possible export based expansion potential of the fruit and vegetable sector of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Bakhtiyor Ergashev presented his research on Improving of production and export potentials of the fruit and vegetable sector of Uzbekistan: issues and resolutions.
During his presentation Mr. Ergashev went through following key points:
• Main development issues for the development of the export sector of fruit and vegetable products;
• Factors that influence the development pace of the fruit and vegetable sector;
• Procurement and provision of fruit and vegetable products;
• Export system of fruit and vegetable products;
• Problems affecting export tendencies of fruit and vegetable products;
• Main directions of improvement of the procurement system and laying of fruit and vegetable products;
• Creating a modern logistics system; • Diversification of fruit and vegetable products selection;
• Improvement of licensing system;
• Resolving transportation issues etc.
The participants of the round table jointly decided to accept the concluded resolution. It is expected to set the working group for detailed analysis of the report and include minor changes to begin the work on the implementation of the described strategic action plan.